Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Pillow



Once upon a time, I saw this lovely pillow and fell in love. That is until I saw the price tag. $200+ (it's by LoooLo textiles and as far as I can tell, no longer for sell online, but I found a photo of it here). I'm sorry, but I think that's a little ridiculous for a throw pillow (no offense LoooLo) and there was no way I would pay that much. I mean, it's a throw pillow, used purely for decoration. If I was going to spend that much for a pillow, it better tell my future and that future better be good. I decided I could totally make it, so I did. I couldn't find the right color of felt, so I used a fabric that feels a little like suede. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I didn't use a tutorial for it, but here is a link to one that is pretty similar to what I did.



See, not too bad for $180 difference. (Even though I made the ruffle square part a little too big. Sort of what happens when you do it from memory and your memory is slightly questionable.)



And just for fun, here are a few more DIY pillows to check out.



Clockwise from the top left:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! You are such a smarty pants! How about you make me one for Christmas, my birthday or Mother's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your version so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I actually love your version and am not so impressed by the expensive version. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete